Thursday 7 August 2014

The old ones are the best....

I really should know better .....I fell for the oldest trick the the Prince of Darkness has in his book ....trusting a fuel gauge....never mind got to bed at 1.00 am after raiding the lawnmower fuel and getting it back to the stranded Scimitar .....

Ive nearly clocked up 500 miles since the MOT - next job will be to re torque the heads and refit the refaced rockers-they are not refaced yet but I will get them done in the next week or so
I'm starting to feel confident in the cars reliability  - it handles great and pulls like a train the low down torque is a blast.....I'm thinking it cant be that knackered otherwise it wouldn't go so well!

With the Scimitar starting to behave itself my thoughts are starting to focus on the Mini and Rover and 2017 ...2017 is when I am planning a bit of a "Monte or bust run" during a discussion today at work we realized we could have three working minis between us so then we decided we needed one of these to take with us as well...

You can see where this is going cant you ....

The route may have to go to Turin via Monte Carlo and some Alps..... anything cobbled together in a shed is welcome  ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home